Can’t make one of the organised Swimathon sessions? Not close enough to one of our venues? There are lots of reasons why you might not be able to attend, so we’ve come up with a solution… Why not take part in your own time, at a pool of your choosing, anywhere in the world!
By choosing the MySwimathon entry option, it means that you are not part of an organised Swimathon session, and so can undertake the challenge yourself from Monday 16 March – Saturday 31 October at a location and time of day that suits you.
You will still be able to raise money for Marie Curie and Cancer Research UK and we'll send you your swim cap and medal in the post!
In a nutshell, the MySwimathon rules are:
- You can swim one of the set challenges (Individual 400m, Individual 1.5k, Individual 2.5k, Individual 5k, Team 1.5k, Team 5k, The Triple 5k) or your own set distance, if you prefer
- You must complete your swim in one session, between Monday 16 March – Saturday 31 October
- MySwimathon is NOT part of an organised Swimathon session – if you would rather attend an existing organised session, please select Swimathon as your entry type. You can complete your MySwimathon challenge in any venue of your choice around the world, at a time that suits you. Please note, you will have to pay your venue's normal entry fee (as well as the Swimathon registration fee)
- Please contact your chosen pool to check what time you can visit to complete your challenge
- Please wear your Swimathon swim cap, which will be sent to you by post in March
- Submit your final time within your after your challenge and then you can download your certificate. We'll then send you your well-deserved medal to you in the post
- It really couldn’t be any easier to get involved, wherever you are! Ready for your swim your way?